Re: OOM Killer for embededd system

I guess not. I think is something related to badness function implemented in oom_kill.c file. I would like someone to confirm my opinion.

BR

Mauricio Lin.

Christophe Lucas <c.lucas@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Mauricio Lin (mauriciolin2000@xxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know why Out of memory killer made by Rik
> Van Riel it does not work well for embedded systems?
>
> Is the ranking method not so accurate for "points"
> variable in badness function?
>
> There can be two distincts process get the same point,
> because the division operation used in OOM Killer
> algorithm truncates or rounds the pointing value.
>
> Is this the reason for the mistake in embedded
> systems?
>
> Mauricio Lin.

I don't know how OOM killer are coded, but is it liknked to the fact
embedded system are sometimes without MMU system ??

If I say some mistakes please correct me. I am a poor newbie ;)

Have a good day.
--
Amicalement/Regards

Christophe Lucas - c.lucas@xxxxxxxxxxx - Registered User #271267

* GNU/Linux developer/network administrator
* Membre du RotomaLUG (LUG de la région Rouennaise)
(http://www.rotomalug.org)
* http://odie.mcom.fr/~clucas/

> ATTACHMENT part 2 application/pgp-signature name=signature.asc

Conhecimento vem do seu instrutor;
Sabedoria vem do seu interior.
(Bruce Lee)

Yahoo! Mail agora ainda melhor: 100MB, anti-spam e antivírus grátis!