From: kernelnewbies-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:kernelnewbies-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Cristina Rivera
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2004 12:42 PM
To: kernelnewbies@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: loading modules

Hi!

I have some doubts with module loading.  I have a char device and a module
that works with it in a specific directory but I want to load the module
from elsewhere in my user's directories tree, so, my question is, can I load
a module being for example at /home/user/directory1 when I have created my
module and I have the object file in /home/user/module_1.  And one more
question, if I'm implementing a specific mmap syscall for my new module and
when I try to use it I get an error in mmap syscall if I'm not at the
directory where the object module file is, how can I solve this?

TIA.

Acepta el reto MSN Premium: Protección para tus hijos en internet.
Descárgalo y pruébalo 2 meses gratis.
http://join.msn.com?XAPID=1697&DI=1055&HL=Footer_mailsenviados_proteccioninfantil