Re: O_DIRECT

Usually what you do is, partition the disk, create filesystem and read or write files.
  Reading and writing is without a filesystem.
   Assume you have maintained some superblock information of your own driver say last 512 bytes you have designated as superblock. You can seek to that position and read the last 512 bytes which is meaningful only to you. Note that I am read/writing raw bytes not any file. Therefore you can read/write without a filesystem and even without any partition,

-Shesha

Devel wrote:
Hi all,
how i can write data on a partition without a filesystem??

Saluti Carlo!

Il Tue, 20 Jul 2004 20:48:24 +0200