Re: Device Detail Specifications

manish regmi (manish_regmi@xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >Can somebody let me know from where can we get the device specification,
> >which are needed to write any driver.
> >
> >I mean where can we find the details of devices ?
> >
> >I know the manufactures have the full detail, but nomally are they
> >willing to share those details with us.
> >
> >Is there any site where we can find the details of specific devices by
> >specific manufacture ? This site can help drivers to find the relevant
> >information at one place.
> >

> >I want to write the driver for my DELL keyboard. Where can I find its
> >detail ?
> >
> >Gaurav.
>
> hi,
> AFAIK, The drivers for keyboard is generic. So, you dont need to write
> special code for keyboard from dell or compaq (for same arch ie 1386).
>
> For eg, in all x86 compatibles, port 0x60-0x64 is used and same IRQ 1.
> There is no special port or irq for dell or compaq.
>
> This link will be helpful for you. see the human interface devices.
>
> http://www.nondot.org/~sabre/os/articles
>
> regards manish

I am totally agree with which is said below. At least, you can modify
pc_keyb.c or atkbd.c to be able to use scancode of your specific key on
DELL keyboard if it exists.

For datasheets, it is given or not by manufacturors :-(

HTH
--
Amicalement

Christophe

* GNU/Linux & UNIX developer and network administrator
* Membre RotomaLUG (http://www.rotomalug.org)
* Registered User #271267
* Email: c.lucas@xxxxxxxxxxx
* Web Site: http://odie.mcom.fr/~clucas/