RE: kernel stack size

Could you please answer his query.
Regards
Syed

Hi,
Why is that the stack size of linux kernel is 8k in
32 bit arch? Whis is this limitation and is there ne

Because it is more than enough. More than 8k is not necessary. I hope you know the use of stack.

way that I can increase the size of the stack?What other
alternatives are there in C programming so that I maintain
the size of the stack below 8k? Is there ne tool
by which I can know to what max extent the stack has reached,
so that I can be careful.
Thanks in adv.
regards
Suresh

In latest 2.6 kernels, You can compile with 4K stacks. You can configure stack as 4k during make #config

Remember, That is a kernel stack. Each task has its own kernel stack which is used during syscall and a user stack used in userspace.

regards manish

-- Kernelnewbies: Help each other learn about the Linux kernel. Archive: http://mail.nl.linux.org/kernelnewbies/ FAQ: http://kernelnewbies.org/faq/