Re: Driver

|I'm developing a serial mouse driver and I would like to know how can
|I do to associate a driver with the device. I used the register_chrdev
|function, but when I tried to issue the "cat /dev/mymouse"  command, I
|got a error message saying that device can't be accessed by that
|command. (the module is already loaded,
|The interrupt and open function of the driver are never invoked.
|Could anybody help me, please?

I don't know the details of yuor driver, BTW: why didn't you register
an input_dev inside your driver?!?
handling input_event with the input layer is much easyer, since you
don't need to keep track of the state of your mouse.

If in trouble take a look at Documentation/input/input-programming.txt

Be cool!

--

[Daniele]