RE: Kernel newbie

Hi,

You can start with Rubini’s book on “Linux Device Drivers”.

From 3rd chapter it takes an example of implementing FIFO and PIPE as loadable module.

You can just get an idea from that and then start developing your own module.

OR

Try to implement some system call which can extract some information from Kernel which is normally not provided by kernel’s normal system calls.

Regards,

Gaurav

From: kernelnewbies-bounce@nl.linux.org [mailto:kernelnewbies-bounce@nl.linux.org] On Behalf Of Harpreet S
Sent: Friday, July 02, 2004 2:18 PM
To: kernelnewbies@nl.linux.org
Subject: Kernel newbie

  Hello,
As the subject says i am a newbie in the linux kernel domain. I have done a little bit of reading, could anyone please tell me what kind of programs do  I write to get my hands dirty.

I was thinking some modules but couldnt zero in on anything particular.

All of you must have a written programs as beginner in the kernel environment what were they . I dont want the programs just ideas.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Linuxlearner