Fast Logging

Hi,

I have a question on event logging in Linux kernel, especially for the
v.2.4 series. I searched for the answer by google, but I failed to find
an answer. So I hope to get an answer from the mailing list.

I'd like to do fast, efficient logging of network-related events in
kernel. The logged data is then read and analyzed by user-space
applicasions. Our requirements include low overhead of logging, usable
within the code of TCP (e.g., tcp_output.c), and ready for use in v.2.4
series. I know there is Relayfs, which is for fast logging, but it is
only available for the v2.6 series. So, if anyone here knows any tools,
pointers, or so, please let me know.

Thanks,

--
Naoya Maruyama <naoya@matsulab.is.titech.ac.jp>