RE: VFS functions

>> Also, what would be the place to place a function that reads a file at
>> kernel initialization? And where should the file be placed -
>/etc or /boot?
>
>Nowhere. Kernel must not read configuration files. You should have an
>interface (proc file, device or netlink socket) and feed the data by
>user-land utility.

Ok, I wrote a small module that creates a file in /proc. I still have some
questions though.

I want each line of the file to contain a source and destination directory.
Lets call the conf file foo.

So, do I make the module read /etc/foo and create the /proc/foo file or
should a userland process write the contents /etc/foo to /proc/foo?

Thanks,

Siddhartha