From: manish regmi [mailto:manish_regmi@hotmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, June 27, 2004 1:39 PM
To: Dhiman, Gaurav
Cc: kernelnewbies@nl.linux.org
Subject: RE: Premptive vs non-premptive kernel.

hi,

>If TIF_NEED_RESCHED is a flag which specifies if we need to reschedule
>or not then why we use need_resched process specific variable of
>task_struct.
>
>What's the difference between TIF_NEED_RESCHED and need_ressched?
>
>Gaurav.

hi,
I previously asked it. But somebody said that TIF_NEED_RESCHED replaced
nothing.

AS i see the code, there is no need_sched in task structure. It is now
removed and  It is now done with TIF_NEED_RESCHED flag in thread_info
structure using
set_tsk_need_resched(p);
(at least on I386).

struct thread_info {
unsigned long		flags;

#define TIF_NEED_RESCHED	3	/* rescheduling necessary */

regards manish