From: kernelnewbies-bounce@nl.linux.org
[mailto:kernelnewbies-bounce@nl.linux.org] On Behalf Of Vincenzo
Mallozzi
Sent: Friday, June 25, 2004 6:29 PM
To: kernelnewbies@nl.linux.org
Subject: access to process descriptor

Hi all,
I'm trying to develop a C program that access to
process descriptor information but I have had some
problem with libraries.
In particular, I've developed a program like this:

#include <linux/sched.h>

int main(void){
   pid_t pid;
   task_struct process = find_task_by_pid(pid);
}

but the compiler can't find get_task_by_pid function,
while this is a function declared in
include/linux/sched.h.
What's wrong?
Are there other methods to access process descriptor
pointer?
Thanks.
Vincenzo Mallozzi.

Yahoo! Companion - Scarica gratis la toolbar di Ricerca di Yahoo!
http://companion.yahoo.it