Re: Javadoc comments in kernel source?

Timur Tabi wrote:

Greg KH wrote:

Ick ick ick.

Did you read the section about variable names?

I interpret #4 as meaning no Hungarian notation. i_, o_, io_, l_, iv_, and g_ prefixes are not 'types'. Plus, they allow me to follow the other guidelines better, especially #1, #2, and #6.

I haven't done any kernel dev, but I've read the docs and my
interpretation was that:
-    i_, o_, io_ would be covered by the function comments
-   l_ is unnecessary b/c it's defined relatively near to where you see it
-   iv_ is generally indicated by the . or -> before it.

I think the general idea is that people have to type 2 or 3 extra
characters when they could be typing something more useful like actual
code.  It also means you can fit less code on a single line which as I
understand it, was a significant factor when determining the coding style.

-matt

-- Kernelnewbies: Help each other learn about the Linux kernel. Archive: http://mail.nl.linux.org/kernelnewbies/ FAQ: http://kernelnewbies.org/faq/