From: aksingh@hss.hns.com [mailto:aksingh@hss.hns.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2004 1:54 PM
To: Tyler
Cc: kernelnewbies@nl.linux.org
Subject: Re: del_timer()

Hi,

  My doubt was --- can I call del_timer for a timer for which I had NOT
called add_timer ?, in this case the del_timer simply returns a 0, or is
this an error and should NOT be done ?
I ask this, becasue as I see it, there is no way to see if a timer is
running, (something like pending_timer, it is not exported) and then
call
del_timer.

regards
Amit