Loaded symbols for /lib/tls/libc.so.6
Reading symbols from /lib/ld-linux.so.2...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/ld-linux.so.2
#0  0xffffe411 in ?? ()

-Nirendra

Nirendra Awasthi wrote:

Hi,
Is there a way for a unrelated process to determine if another process is exiting and is in the state of having core dump.

In solaris, this can be determined using libkvm(checking process flags for SDOCORE and COREDUMP). Is there a way to do this in linux 2.6

One of the things I observed is flag in /proc/<pid>/stat (9th attribute) is set to non-zero after process receives a signal to quit after core dump (SIGABRT, SIGQUIT etc.). Is it an indication that process is going to exit or what does it indicates.
Is there some other way to determine this. I don't want to limit size of core file to 0 using ulimit, as this file is required to be analyzed later.
Also, while process is exiting and it receives another signal, it is corrupting the core dump.

-Nirendra

-- Kernelnewbies: Help each other learn about the Linux kernel. Archive: http://mail.nl.linux.org/kernelnewbies/ FAQ: http://kernelnewbies.org/faq/