Help - how to change max_channel, max_id and max_lun in Linux SCSI low-level drivers?

Hi,

In scsi_register( ) defined in hosts.c of lk 2.4, it
says:

    /* These three are default values which can be
overridden */
    retval->max_channel = 0;
    retval->max_id = 8;
    retval->max_lun = 8;

Just wondering where is the right place to modify
max_channel, max_id and max_lun in a low-level driver?

After low-level driver invokes
scsi_register(Scsi_Host_Template *, int), we can get a
pointer to Scsi_Host that contains max_channel, max_id
and max_lun.  However, I can't see how these numbers
take effect if we modify them after scsi_register( )
returns.  I assume we need to pass those numbers to
mid-layer when invoking scsi_register( ), but
Scsi_Host_Template doesn't contain those three
numbers.

The reason I want to modify those three numbers is
that I need scan_scsis( ) defined in scsi_scan.c of
lk2.4 to scan certain numbers of buses, targets and
luns I choose.

Thanks,