Re: PCI init: failure to detect device

hi,

  Yes, i feel there's some problem with the probing done by my pc' pci
subsystem, I have tried other real tek cards too, also i tried this on
win98 too, it does not auto detect my card either. Well if this is the
problem  then is there a way to correct it, my motherboard is VIB823DS(VIA)
, i tried to find help on net but havent been able to.
Another interesting thing is that my display card (s3virge) is also slotted
in one of the pci slots, that is detected fine(works fine if i insert it
into any of the 3 pci slots in my motherbaord). So what could be problem
with the detection with LAN cards. They are not detected in any of the 3
pci slots.

regards
Amit

"mandeep sandhu" <msandhu_d@hotmail.com>@nl.linux.org on 05/31/2004