When scheduler is invoked?

hi,
Assuming 2.4 kernel.
I just want to know when scheduler is invoked?
1.return from system call
2. return from interrupt(but not if inetrrupt happens
in kernel mode)

3.What i had seen i want to share,i just redirected
the timer0 interrupt to my interrupt handler and this
invokation happens every 200 microseconds means 50
times
in 10 milliseconds,
but while returning path i did not call scheduler
but just makes IRET,besides this redirection i am
driving two kernel threads which continuosly sends
data
to remote computer,
this means
kernel thread-----get's preepmted by ----irq0
executing
at 200 microsecond,but on interrupt return scheduler
is not called,but control should returns to thread,
(but threads are sleeping for 1 jiffies in between!)
so they stops running ,this is because who will
increment jiffies) and this i had printed and observe
them they(jiffies) are not incremented,but system does
not gets  hanged,
many more things i had observed,but i really dont
clear when scheduler exaclty gets called!
please forgive me if i had calculated some wrongly,
thanks
Prasanna