RE: Process control from user level

On Fri, 2004-05-28 at 22:07, Noah Yan wrote:
> How about control the process by sending signal from user-level? So if I
> want to put the process in the waiting state, I create a signal and the
> handler for the signal is just sleep() call. And if I want to put the
> process to waiting, I just send the signal.
>
> One question for signal, can I transfer some parameter to the signal handler
> when I send signal to the process? If so, how to do that?

I will not be able to help you with the specifics. But you might find
the following function in your kernel source tree interesting as it can
act as an excellent starting point.

kernel/signal.c
void handle_stop_signal(int sig, struct task_struct *p)
--
Hareesh Nagarajan
WEB: http://puggy.symonds.net/~hareesh