Re: writing periodically to /proc entry

Hey,
entries in /proc are generally just callbacks to "read" functions you
implement. There is nothing like value in /proc getting refreshed after
particular time.

Each time you open the /proc file your callback function gets called and
that function puts the contents in the /proc/<filename> buffer.

So each time u call read on /proc file what ever your callback returns
gets showed as contents of file.

If u want to file gets refreshed only after 2 mins, implement this
functionality in the callback itself. i.e.
1. store the value u get at time x in a buf
2. whenever function gets called if diff between current time and time
at which I stored the value is more that 2 mins
3. If YES then call the actual callback routen ELSE just dump the old
values stored in the buffer.

HTH,
Aniruddha
http://aniruddha.talk.to