get informations about modules loaded

dear list,

assume i have a module named 'my_driver' loaded into my 2.6.5 kernel memory.
further on i know where the module lives at, taken the information from /proc/modules.

now with these informations, is it possible to obtain the module struct for that module?
the address that can be obtained from /proc/modules is the first executable code in the module.
grep "my_driver" | /proc/kallsyms shows the address where the module lives as the init_module function, pretty obvious.

i tried reading in a struct module from that address on but that obviously didnt return the wanted
results.

does the kernel store a list of modules that is accessible from userspace?
i found a macro in linux/module.h named
THIS_MODULE that returns &__this_module.
but when i assign a struct module *module = THIS_MODULE
and later try to printf some of the values, it does segfault.
yes, i used malloc on the struct before
but when trying to access &__this_module directly it gives me:
error: `__this_module' undeclared (first use in this function), maybe thats the reason for letting it segfault.

any ideas?

thanks for your time!
threadhead
Der WEB.DE Virenschutz schuetzt Ihr Postfach vor dem Wurm Netsky.A-P!
Kostenfrei fuer alle FreeMail Nutzer. http://f.web.de/?mc=021157