Re: /proc vs. /sys

On Monday 19 January 2004 23:06, Greg KH wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 10:47:50PM +0100, Frank.A.Uepping@t-online.de wrote:
> > Is it true, that the procfs should be dedicated to process only
> > informations?
>
> Yes.
>
> > What are about non process informations, should they migrate to sysfs?
>
> Yes.
>
> thanks,
>
> greg k-h

Assume we have a kernel module which provides a virtual (i.e. there is no real
hardware involved) service. Informations about the consumers of the service
should be made public via sysfs (former procfs).
Where is the right place in the sysfs directory hierarchy for my informations?
Should I create a new subsystem and place it in the root of sysfs, -- there is
no logical parent to the virtual service?

/FAU