Re: several questions about reentrant code and thread safeness

I see the first three have already been answered. As
for the fourth, I'm not sure what you mean by 'long'.
If you mean lines of code in the body of the function
then this is a meaningless question - you'll never hit
any real-wworld limits. The only limit you really need
to watch for in kernel code is the stack frame. This
is only 8K or so under x86 Linux so don't allocate big
static arrays for example.

Best wishes

David Gillies
San Jose