Porting v3tv to I2c-2.8.1

Hello,

I've started work to port the v3tv kernel module to the I2C-2.8.1 API, and would appreciate some feedback on my work.  I've tried to contact the previous maintainers, but they seem to have moved on to other projects, the email accounts they used in 2001 are defunct.  Efforts to track them down have so far been fruitless, but I will continue to seek them out.

I'm not a programer by trade or training, so I need some one to look over my shoulder so I can avoid any obvious pitfalls.  To this end I will be making my work available at http://gilfillan.org:8000/v3tv/

Please refer to the README for the latest information and refrences to relevent documents.

Today I have made a start, with the vpx322x module.  This is the video pixel decoder, or frame grabber.  You will find my current version of vpx322x-i2c.c and vpx-diff, which gives a brief glance at the changes I made.  The original version of the file is in v3tv.old.  The only change to vpx322x.c was to inform the kernel that the GPL license is applied, so it will quit spewing messages about a tainted kernel.  See the README for my comments on licensing in this package.

Thanks for your time,

Perry Gilfillan