O(1) scheduler

Hi,

I'm on the way of studying the scheduler on kernel 2.6 called O(1)
scheduler. It seems very different from the kernel 2.4's one.
I have little references about it now. So I have to parse the source
code. But I'm not so used to that. I'd like your help.

I want to know how the previous process's going after schedule().
O(1) scheduler has two runqueues, active & expired.
And each queue has priority-ordered arrays.
I suppose that means the preempted process should be re-entered into the
active runqueue according to its priority to keep queues's priority-order
after it's preempted since its quantum is decreased.
But I couldn't find such processing code in sched.c. It might be due to
my short of power to linux kernel. Or completely my misconception.
Could someone explain how the active runqueue works for "prev" and "next"
or give some references about it?

And one more thing.
After kernel 2.6, real-time processes are managed in the different
global queue from the active & expired, aren't they? Where is this
global queue defined? I couldn't find that in sched.c. Is it defined in
other files?

Regards,
Shinpei Kato

--