Re: insmod: unresolved symbol sys_shmat

On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 06:16:19PM +0100, Juergen Oberhofer wrote:
> OK. I've written a module which installs a interrupt handler
> (the interrupt is a timer interrupt, generated by a cpm timer on
> a mpc823 board), i.e. every x microseconds the module executes a
> handling function.
> The handling function should read/write from/to a shared memory
> which can be accessed from a program that runs in user mode.
> To synch. the access to the shm I wanted to use semaphores...

Eek, thorny problem. You could use a shared variable in memory, or you
could use a device file's system calls for synchronization (mmap for
access to the memory, poll/read/whatever for synchrnoization).

> Or is there a way to write a interrupt handler in user mode which
> is executed by the module on every timer interrupt?

Can your user mode process run in real time priority? must the
function run on every interrupt, or can you afford to lose some? how
often do the interrupts occur?

Cheers,
Muli

--