kernel mode checkpointing

Hi,

I would like to know if there is any kernel related project dealing
with checkpointing. When running very long job on dedicated machine
it may be interesting to checkpoint them to run priority jobs.
And other use case, I start a multithreaded job on a uni-processor machine, then a multi-processor machine become available and I want to move it to this machine.
I know about the Mosix project but it is incomplete ... Is there any other piece of work happening somewhere at the kernel level

Yours

Guillaume