get_user_pages ()

Hi everyone,

I am trying to get more information regarding
get_user_pages() function. I am specifically looking
for examples of how-to use that function.

I want to lock the pages of a specific user-space
process. From one of our kernel-newbie members i came
to know that we can use get_user_pages() to fault in
all the pages of the processs and use mlockall() to
lock the pages.

I understand that get_user_pages is a kernel function
and can be invoked through a system call made from the
process whose pages i want locked. The process has
root privileges and so should not cause probelms using
mlockall.

Any pointers to usage of get_user_pages will be really
helpful.

TIA

Karthik