Re: make bzImage necesary??

   if you are writing something in the kernel sources then there is no way
out. you have to recompile the entire kernel all over agin. well i dont
exactly know wht you are doing but i suggest you bypass interrupt 0x80 with
your own function and then call the normal isr from your function (something
like writing your tsr routine in dos).  maybe then your job will be done with
just one kernel compilation. Or if you could write a kenel module doing the
same then you wouldnt even need to compile the kernel.
regards
nix