kernel thread preemption

Hi,

Now I have a question for "kernel thread".
Some docs say "a process running in kernel mode can not be preempted".
It sounds like that a kernel thread is never preempted. But, if so, how
do plural kernel threads work together? I've looked for and found some
answers to that. It was like that kernel threads were also scheduled by
the kernel as general processes.
Is this answer correct? And I want to see a little more detailed answer
or any reference which describes a kernel thread.

If someone knows, please let me know.

Thanks,
Shinpei Kato.