protocol handler problem

hai all,

I am new to kernel hacking. My problem is simple but its wasting my time.

I wrote a packet handler like this ,The objective was to swap an ip with another for a particular machine say 192.168.0.203 .
cde is as

struct packet_type my_proto;
my_proto.type=htons(ETH_P_ALL);
my_proto.func = my_func;
my_proto.data = NULL;
my_proto.next = NULL;
dev_add_pack(&my_proto);

and registered it to the protocol list . Ok now the module was successfully loaded .

when i checked the /var/log/messages/ it was listeming to eth0 interface
But after that i tried to telent to the victim machine .......but ther was no sign that my function did executed.Because no messages were logged in and connection to the machine was also success full.

how could i know that my protocol handler is working or has some problem

can any body help me.
thanks in advance.
shyamjith

Making your life easy! That is Citibank Suvidha. http://server1.msn.co.in/msnleads/citi_cards_sept03/CitiSuvidha.asp Get your account now!