Fast interrupt handlers

Please excuse this very newbie-ish question, but what
is considered a 'fast' interrupt handler? I know the
definition is an irq handler without an associated
tasklet or BH, but what I mean is, how many clock
cycles should such a handler be allowed to run for? I
have a handler which hangs off the parallel port
getting timing information and it runs, according to
my instrumentation code, for about 80 cycles, 32 of
which are the rdtscl call and associated MOVL
(interestingly, Rubini and Corbet say they get 11
cycles on a K7 whereas I have a PIII). Is this fast
eneough to not need to use a bottom half handler?

I've only been module hacking for a week so sorry if
this seems like a silly question.

Best Wishes

David Gillies
San Jose