Re: how to interrupt waiting for a semaphore after a timeout

On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 17:08:16 +0000, Tomaz Beltram wrote:
> So, what do I have to call from my timer function in order that the waiting
> process becomes signaled? I have tried wake_up_process() but it didn't work.

You DON'T want to do that, because a signal would be delivered to
userland. There were other replies to your original mail that suggested
the right way to go. I only tried to explain whay your original method
could not work.

						 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec <bulb@ucw.cz>