tcp/ip implementation

Hi
Iam exploring the linux tcp/ip implementation. Iam trying to tunnel
packets sent by an application through IP. Iam using the function
ip_finish_output for sending the packet out. After building the IP header, I
call ip_route_output_key with the destination and source addresses and
set the skb->dst to that returned by the function. Then i call
ip_finish_output with the skb. The problem is the system behaviour is very
non-deterministic. I have written this particular piece of code as a module
and sometimes it works very well but sometimes it hangs. It hangs in
ip_finish_output and sometimes I have also observed that the same packet
is sent a lot of times before it hangs but not always.
Can anyone please tell me whats wrong in my method?
Here's what i do

After building all the headers
ip_route_output_key(&rth,&key);
skb->dst = &rth->u.dst;
ip_finish_output(skb);

Thanks in advance

Small minds discuss people.Average minds discuss events. Big minds discuss ideas.Great minds work in silence

The difference between what we do and what we could do would suffice to solve most of the world's problems

Intelligence is like underwear, everyone should have it, but we
shouldn't show it off

Life's a journey not a guided tour

There is only so far that you can fall, but there is no limit to how high you can soar.

Yahoo! India Matrimony: Find your partner online. Post your profile.