Re: Help with VM tuning

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003, Sarah Clatterbuck wrote:

> Right now we have a media application that is streaming data to a Linux
> NFS server.  The NFS server is running 2.4.20-8smp (RedHat 9).

> Finally, the question.  The new VM system does not use ndirty.  Is there
> a way in 2.4.20 to achieve the same effect as lowering this parameter?

You could try the kernel from the recent Red Hat Enterprise
Linux 3 beta release.  It is compatible with Red Hat 9, but
has some enhancements in the VM department.

You could also just grab 2.4 + latest rmap patch, but then
you would lose NPTL and some other things that are only
easily available in the RH kernel...

success,

Rik