zap_pte_range

 Hi,

   I understand that when zap_page_range is called it will clear the pte
entries within that address ranges and removes the pages from the process
address space and decrements the rss value. But I didnt see the pages
being released to the freelist. why are the pages allowed to remain in the
active memory even when the pages are unmapped from the process address
space ?

 thanks a lot,
Raghu