Re: sockets in kernel space

Hi,

I just came back from some days on vacation therefore the delay.

>> does someone know how to create a socket in kernelspace and how to
>> handle connections to it? I want to create a socket in the PF_LOCAL
>> namespace called /tmp/guestsocket.
> And what about "\0guestsocket" ?
I will give it a try.

>> struct socket *guestsock;
>> error = sock_create(PF_UNIX, SOCK_DGRAM, 0, &guestsock);
> It looks OK to my eyes.
Good to hear that.

>> if (error<0) {
>>         perror("socket thread: can't create guest socket");
> That exists in kernel?!?! I really, really, really doubt that.
Well as you noticed its is a uml kernel, and there (and only there) I
can use it.

> Are you sure you know where the "Operation not permitted" comes from?
> (Hint: the "perror" function was not passed the error argument, so it
> can't know what it was!)
I don't understand what you want to say, I always use perror like that
and it's just the way as the doc's of glibc describe it.

>> Kernel panic: Segfault with no mm
> This looks like an umlinux error, right?
Yes, I should have mentioned it.

> If so, get a debugger, attach and inspect ;-).
I did try to, but I weren't able to pinpoint the bug.

> Especially try to get value of "error".
EAFNOSUPPORT

Thanks for your answer,
Patrick "Petschge" Kilian