Semaphores in multiprocessor systems.

Hello,

I wonder if it is considered to be a multiprocessor-system in linux if you install linux on two pc's
and connect them with ethernet or a bus ?
If it is, how do you synchronize access to a memoryunit also connected with the two pc's with
semaphores ? Does this type of programming lie within linux ?
If it isn't I suppose you could solve it something like this:
   I guess you cannot have the code for the semaphore compiled on the memoryunit
   since the two pc's may have different hardware-structures. So, instead I believe you can have
   a memoryaddress on the memoryunit to protect some codearea. The address initially set to 1 and  decreased when one pc wants to access the codearea and set back to 1 when finished.

regards,
Magnus