Re: kernel module -> non-module

Please don't send me personal mails.

I was thinking about to compile the module not as a module rather statically into the kernel. (I don't want to load it with insmod rather is shall be part of vmlinuz.)
For both modules and statically linked ones, code will remain same.
you will have to put your module_init and module_exit functions like

#ifdef MODULE
module_init(my_mod_init)
module_exit(my_mod_exit)
#endif

You will have to call the module init function in one of the initialization functions. I forgot which one is it. Somebody will be able to do this.
>>go to the directory in which you want to put your module in linux kernel
>>source. open Config.in, and add you module's script.
>>Modify the makefile in the directory to reflect your module addition.

To get a choce of module statically linked/dynamically linked, please follow this procedure

Hth,
Om.