Re: writing in file from kernel space ?

Please limit your line length to at maximum 70 characters per line.

Please do not full quoting top post.

pankaj chauhan <chauhan_ait@yahoo.co.in> [2003-06-30 09:55]:

> 1. i looked at the archives , there is a long list of mails on that
> page , can u plz give me some pointer to the mail ( or mails ) about
> the resons for not writing in a file from kernel space .

scheduling of processes?

> the solution i can think of is : to make a proc file in /proc from
> the driver and write the needed data in it , and then copy it to any
> other from the proc file with help of a user space routine .

Yes!

I would recommend exporting a /proc-fs interface where the user
application can retrieve the values you mentioned.  Then do a write to
a file.

wbr,
Lukas
--
Lukas Ruf           | Wanna know anything about raw |
<http://www.lpr.ch> | IP?  <http://www.rawip.org>   |