Re: Syscall trapping in 2.4.20-8

in the newer versions of the kernel (2.4.20-8 included),
they have stopped exporting the syscall table, so that
modules can't do what you're trying to do. I personally
think it's annoying, since it's the quickest and easiest
way to do what you're describing.

Your easiest option is patch the version of the kernel
you are running. By that, I mean just change the actual
sys_exit function to do what you want it to do, instead
of redirecting the system call to your module like it
seems you were doing in the past. You have to recompile
the whole kernel instead of just installing your module,
though.

anthony