Re: I want to recompile a single module from the kernel tree

Hallo Aurel Wisse <aurel_wisse@yahoo.com> [2003-06-18 14:27]:
> There are two cases:
> a) the module already exists (is compiled and
> installed) and
> b) the module isn't compiled and installed yet.
>
> 1) Do I have to do 'make modules' and recompile *all*
> modules or
> 2) Is there a way to recompile/install only one module
> (like, i.e. make visor.o or something similar) or
> 3) Do I have to execute the gcc .... command as
> explained in the FAQ and then install by hand?
>
> Sorry, I seached the list and the FAQ.
>
> Thanks, Aurel

Take a look at the email sent by me on Friday 6th June with Subject:
Re: Compiling Kernel Modules against the Kernel Source Tree

This could lead to the solution.  Otherwise reply again.

wbr,
Lukas
--
Lukas Ruf           | Wanna know anything about raw |
<http://www.lpr.ch> | IP?  <http://www.rawip.org>   |