Re: tracking latest devel kernel

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 10:51:46AM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> This article:
> 	http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=6183
>
> Might help you out.  The beginning of it explains one way of just using
> patch and diff to keep up with development kernels.
>
> The rest of the article explains how to use bitkeeper to do kernel
> development, so you can just ignore that :)
>
> Hope this helps,

Thanks.  That does help.  I wonder, though, why do you
forward port your changes by removing them, applying the
update from kernel.org, and then re-applying your changes?

The first thing that occurred to me was to just apply the
update from kernel.org over my changed sources.  I suppose
that results in a more difficult merge?

--
--Ed L Cashin            |   PGP public key:
  ecashin@uga.edu        |   http://noserose.net/e/pgp/