Re: IPV6 FTPd

On Mon, 2 Jun 2003, Ravi wrote:

> Hi All,
> Has anybody configured IPV6 in linux machine.
> I am facing problem in running a ftp dameon.Infact when i see the
> results of netstat , i observed ftp daemon didnot bind to IPv6 address.
> Any help is much appreciatied
> Ravi

for mine to work I needed to modify the xinetd.d file to ftp to
include on the FLAGS line IPV6

ie:

 default: on
#       normal, unencrypted usernames and passwords for authentication.
service ftp
{
	FLAGS			= IPV6
        disable = no
        socket_type             = stream
        wait                    = no
        user                    = root
        server                  = /usr/local/v6/sbin/in.ftpd
        server_args             = -l -a
        log_on_success          += DURATION USERID
        log_on_failure          += USERID
        nice                    = 10
}

I also compiled and installed the ftp daemon that
comes with the usagi package. It is possible your daemon is not compiled
with ipv6 support or just not enabled via inetd or xinetd.

-kirk