Re: insmod "Device or resource busy" errors - Regarding

On Thu, 2003-05-29 at 12:30, Vijay Venkata wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have tried to solve this problem for a few hours now and I am kinda running out of ideas.
> It's my first linux module, so please bear with me if the problem seems really trivial and obvious.
>
> I would really appreciate any help on this issue.
>
> I have attached the source code.
>
> I am trying to install my linux kernel module I am getting the following error:
>
> ###############
> ERROR:
> insmod queryDevice.o
> queryDevice.o: init_module: Device or resource busy

Your hostQueryModuleInit() function seems to always return a
failure status.  Zero must be returned on success.  Also, if
you get an error in your init code, be sure to back out any
previously successfull steps.  I believe the reason you can
/proc problems after trying to load this is that you have left
a char device registered that is refering to code that really
isn't loaded in the kernel anymore.