Increasing performance of syslog ?

Hi

I'm trying to track down a bug in my driver.

The debug spew (printk) is going to /var/log/messages and I believe its
doing that threw syslogd.

My problem is that chunks of the spew seem to be missing.
My suspicion is that syslog uses a circular buffer and because I'm dumping
so much spew the the circular buffer is catching up with itself and chunks
of data are getting overwritten, and are thus lost before the buffer is
pushed to file.

So *if* that's true, then increaseing the size of the syslogd buffer or
pushing data from the buffer to log file more often might help me.

Anyone know how to do this ?

I checked the man pages but I could see anything.

Thanks
Dom