IOCTL + Hardware flow control

 Hi,

I am in the process of writing a tty-driver in C/Linux.

I wish to know as to which IOCTL should be used to handle Hardware-flow-control. From my experiment i found out that TIOCMGET/TIOCMSET and TCGETS/TCSETS all are being used. The same set of ioctls are used to deal with other parameters such as baud-rate. Given this, how to distinguish hardware flow-control??.

Also, I have to retrieve the values of MCR, MSR Set/Clear bitmasks when the flow-ctrl settings are changed by the application. How to retrieve and what are the sources for these bitmasks. From my understanding, these bitmask values differ from the absolute values stored in the register and how does the application pass the bitmasks to the driver [ probably the ioctl's "arg" has to be manipulated ?? ]

Similarly, how to get Set/Clear bitmasks for the LCR register.

Sriram.