Re: questions on swapping

Hi Babu n Anirudh,
Thanks for the reply,

will the driver will get executed if i put my source code of driver in the
path /usr/src/linux/drivers/        or else should i put the makefile in
the same path.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks and Regards
Heerappa.

|         |           Babu Dhandapani  |
|         |           <babud@npd.hcltec|
|         |           h.com>           |
|         |           04/28/2003 01:37 |
  |       To:       Heerappa Hunje <hunjeh@celetron.com>                                                                         |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  Re: questions on swapping                                                                                    |

Hi  Heerappa,
    I will try to answer to your queries...answers are inline .

      Thanks for the reply and information, well i wanted to know  that how
      can i
      see the source code of linux when iam working on linux being in the
      root,
      what pathname name should i type to get to the source code file of
      linux.
the source code will be in the path /usr/src/linux/

      2. if i have the device driver module's source code written for
      perticular
      device than  where should i store it, so that it will support to my
      device
      whenever any user seeks it.
you can put your driver's code in the path /usr/src/linux/drivers/

      3. During installation of linux, what if i assign the swapping space4
      times
      of my present memory size OR less than the present memory size. I
      mean will
      it have any problems in system performance in both the cases.
if your swap sapce is more means your system may put good performance at
high loads
the vice versa also holds good i think...

      4. what command should i type to know the version of my present OS.
uname -a

Regds,
Babu

      Please Suggest me

      Thanks n Regards
      Heerappa

      |         |           William Lee Irwin|
      |         |           III              |
      |         |           <wli@holomorphy.c|
      |         |           04/28/2003 12:56 |