Re: Booting an OS from Linux

Yes, what I want is very similar to LOBOS and I think that linuxbios are using
Two Kernel Monte. Both include code to stop Linux, go to real mode and
then load another kernel (from real mode like the BIOS does the first time). But
they would fail to load (the boot sector of) another OS because they don't fully
restore the PC status.

Before trying to modiy one of them I ask to the list if someone did it before or
what do you think about it.

Jose M. Rus

ULISSES FURQUIM FREIRE DA SILVA wrote:

Maybe you know of other projects that can boot OSes from Linux or people that are working on it. Other suggestions are very welcome.

I think what you´re looking for is something like the LinuxBIOS(1) or LOBOS(2).

(1) www.linuxbios.org
(2) Sorry, I dont remember the pages (try google for it)

-- Ulisses

-- Kernelnewbies: Help each other learn about the Linux kernel. Archive: http://mail.nl.linux.org/kernelnewbies/ FAQ: http://kernelnewbies.org/faq/