kernel symbol lookup from within a module

Hello all,
	I wrote my first module just a few days ago, so I'm very new to
all this.  I want to be able to perform a kernel symbol lookup from within
a module, i.e. to have a function of one argument, a char*, returning a
void* (or whatever) where the input is the name of the kernel symbol
(e.g. "printk") and the output is the address that the symbol refers to
(e.g. the address of the printk function).

Someone pointed me towards query_module(NULL, ...), but as far as I can
see this is intended to be called from user space programs and won't work
from within a module.  Is this correct?

Could someone point me towards the right way of doing this please?

Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
	Bill.
--
Dr. William Bland.                          Computer Programmer, UK.
www.abstractnonsense.com