pcmcia NIC carrier signal

Hi guys,

Does anyone know how to check the carrier signal of a pcmcia NIC wired/wireless ?
I noticed that most of the drivers under /drivers/net has netif_carrier_on and netif_carrier_off defined.
However, I only manage to find one for xircom_cb in the 2.4.18 kernel.
I grab hold of 2.5.63 and saw that now none of the pcmcia drivers has netif_carrier_on/off.
What is the reason for not having netif_carrier_on/off ? power saving?

I created a dummy device to constantly probe eth0 (if present) for netif_carrier_ok,
but I found out later that it depends on the h/w settings.

Does anyone has any experiences to share with regard to carrier signal on pcmcia card?

Best regards,
jon.

Archive: http://mail.nl.linux.org/kernelnewbies/
FAQ: http://kernelnewbies.org/faq/